Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Choices...

 "Our Lives are made of choices that determine our fate each with a consequence we cannot see... Choices.  Such Little Choices..."
 



When I walked into this project, I knew very well what I was getting into.  Was I ready for it?  No.  Nope.  Absolutely not.  Oh, I had done the research... I had done the analysis... I knew the script.  What I didn't know, was 'me' in the middle of this project. But, I put on the 'I can do this' face and jumped right in.  I was in the eye of this great storm, attacking  my own choices head on. 

It has been extremely difficult to work through this journey.  But, I have been blessed with a cast and team who have been fearless and jumped off every cliff edge I have put in front of them.  They have committed.  They have trusted.  They have supported each other, as well as Geoff, TJ, Haley and I with a bond and trust I have never experienced within the realms of a local, educational show.  A show with a variety of experience and ability and techniques.  We have the professional level actors such as Patti King, Angie Timpone  and Troy Berry -- Trained, highly experienced and full of the ability to mentor.  We have the drama student in training in Leah Schulz -- Bright and energetic, willing to try anything.  We have the usually backstage technician  / wanting to be onstage guy in Jon Owings -- So dedicated and into every part of this production.  We have the retired school psychologist, now theatre student in Paula Arter.  And, the 'try anything and give her all' science grad student in Michelle Graham -- A young lady with few shows behind her, but much enthusiasm.  Always a challenge to mix experience and cast levels.  But, with this group, it worked.  

We have deconstructed the show and worked it.  And, worked it again.  We have evaluated and experienced and explored until we could do no more.  Now, we have brought all those pieces back to the table and taken each one, turning it around in every possible configuration to find the correct spot to put it all back together and get the great big picture.   As we move into the final clean-up rehearsals... and, watch the set assemble and become one small corner of the hills of the Scottish lowlands... we see sparks of the final product come to life. 

Two more rehearsals and then tech.  And, then we will truly meet the Women of Lockerbie.



No comments:

Post a Comment